Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Day 6: Parrot on Parade

Yesterday I told you about Tweety our parakeet that suddenly passed away.  What you didn't know is that I have had a traumatic experience with a bird in the past.  I was visiting a pet store with my children one day.  They LOVE pet stores because we don't have any pets in our house (yes, I am a horrible mother - we have had a dog and tons of fish- all have currently passed away).  Both of my children love petting the dogs, cats, and any other animal they can get their paws on.  As we are about the leave I tell them to come toward the front to use hand sanitizer to clean their hands.  As we get ready to leave the pet store, a HUGE PARROT (that is not in a cage), leaves its perch and lands on my back.  YES- YOU READ THAT RIGHT-- it landed on my back.  Actually, one talon was on my head and one on my back.  I am mumbling to the worker, "Get him off of me . . . . I have a parrot on my back".  While on his cellphone, the teenage worker says, "Shoo, shoo, oh he will get off of you."  Must to my surprise the parrot left my back and headed back to the perch. As this was going on, my children responded like they had seen something that came out of a horror movie-- their eyes were as big as saucers.  With a snicker in her voice and a smile on her face, Makayla asked the worker if she could see the video footage of the parrot landing on me.  Needless to say, we quickly left the pet store before we could relive that moment through video.  Moral of the story---- don't take your kids to pet stores!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your bird stories are my favorites, even if I did not love or collect birds.

    ReplyDelete