Monday, March 5, 2018

Day 5: Bye, Bye Tweety

On Valentine's Day my in-laws (whom I love dearly) bought my children a new family pet - a parakeet!  Now you might be thinking to yourself, "WOW, that is awesome!!!"  Those were not the words that I thought when I brought him home that Wednesday night.  My 5 year old son named him Tweety and kept sending me videos and pictures of our new pet while I traveled home from Jefferson City.  We have adjusted to life with Tweety, even taking him out of the cage to hold and pet. We talk gently to him (which is hard in our house) and give him toys to play with.  I could envision many years with Tweety in our family. 

I am sad to say that today when I got home from school, Tweety was "gone".  He was laying in the bottom of his cage.  I have no idea what happened, but I know I had one sad little boy who cried for  a long time since his pet was dead.  We put Tweety in a special box and buried him in our backyard.  Eli is convinced that he will see Tweety when he gets to heaven someday-- and I believe it too.

So, farewell Tweety-- until we see you again.

PS-- We told Eli that it is way too soon to get another bird-- maybe when we move into a new house we can get another one!

4 comments:

  1. Bye, bye, bye....bye,bye birdie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, poor guy! While I am not a big fan of any bird (outside it's natural habitat) loosing a pet is a hard thing, at any age. :(

    ReplyDelete