Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Day 12: Christmas Traditions

With the freezing temperatures today (37 degrees), I am thinking about Christmas.  As I was scrolling through a few pictures, I was remembering my favorite Christmas tradition.  I have many Christmas traditions that I love, gingerbread houses with the Darnell's, new PJ's and slippers on Christmas Eve, and our Candle Light Christmas Eve Service at church.  But my favorite Christmas tradition centers around wrapping paper.  As a little girl we would each take turns unwrapping gifts one at a time (so everyone could watch) and leaving all the wrapping paper on the floor.  Once all the presents were opened, we would pile all of the wrapping paper into the middle of the room (think fall leaves) and jump and lay in it. My parents would always take a picture of us in the wrapping paper.  Well, fast forward 35 years, and I am doing the same thing with my kids.  No paper is thrown away until the annual picture is taken.  Here is to a great Christmas Tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment