Monday, March 12, 2018

Day 11: My Sister

As stated in an earlier post, I have one sister.  Her name is Melodee and she is about 3 years younger than me.  Growing up we were not the best of friends, but I wouldn't call us enemies, we got a long pretty well.  She always wanted to do everything that I was doing, and it was not always fun to have your little sister tag along.  As we grew up, we became closer and spent more time together.  We both enjoyed getting married and growing our families.  As adults we spend most of our time texting each other and connecting through text instead of face to face.  With our husbands, children, and careers, there isn't much "sister time".  Our connection is much stronger since our parents have passed away and we need to depend on each other more.  We need to lean on each other from time to time in only they ways sister can.  I love her so much, and am so happy God chose her to be my sister.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't care for my sister very much growing up, but like you, we are the best of friends now!

    ReplyDelete